The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

freeBSD Imap stopped working after /scripts/upcp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crackers, Aug 27, 2004.

1. crackers

crackers Member

Escape character is '^]'.
    * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED] localhost IMAP4rev1 2004.350 at Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:29:28 -0300 (ADT)

I get that when I telnet to my imap port. I can't seem to find where cpanel has placed my imapd.conf file to check if it disabled there.

Any ideas what may have changed?

Thanks

crackers

2. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

On FreeBSD imapd is started by inetd.

Look in your /etc/inetd.conf and ensure that a /usr/local/libexec/imapd is uncommented while all /usr/sbin/imapd lines are commented.

If you don't see any /usr/local/libexec/imapd lines in there subsititue one /usr/sbin/imapd for /usr/local/libexec/imapd and uncomment the line. Next restart the imap daemon and you should be good to go for any login denied etcetera errors.

3. eperdeme

eperdeme Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hmm

Had this problem last week, now 7days on exim has died and refuses to start *sigh*

4. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

Is there a ticket open on this issue?

5. eperdeme

eperdeme Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Nope

Nope not yet, I've updated cpanel to the edge hoping it might fix this error, and so will not open a ticket due to -edge is not supported....
    Also I'm trying to diagnose this problem, as last week when a cpanel guy fixed the imap/exim issue another problem arose of which my clients have emailed me about,

>From: User Maaltra [mailto:maaltra@jeslyn.absolutetec.com] On Behalf Of Mark
    >Statham
    >Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 9:44 AM
    >To: verityarcher@xxxx.com
    >Subject: eMail

The email header is not masking the user, he says it started right after the cpanel staff tinkered with imap/exim, my life time license which I bought last year in November, the support runs out this year I believe, so I have to debate what to do now, either go to Linux and cpanel, or well.. not sure.

I've now disabled any updates and trying to get the box back to stable then run it for another month and make a decision. The bonus tho is that every time it breaks and I learn alittle more of cpanels interaction with the system I should be able to fix it myself.

#5 eperdeme, Aug 28, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2004