Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FreeBSD Install: What did i do wrong.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Genetic, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Genetic

Genetic Member

Not that i'm looking for much troubleshooting help as that would be impossible but more looking for a few suggestions and maybe a couple of answers to my question. I'm a somewhat of 'nix newb so bare with me.

I d/led the FreeBSD version of cpanel and i untared it into a directory i specificied as /usr/local/cpanel/

I am logged under root and i ran the installer.

after the installation i tried connecting to my server on port 2086, however the vhost server im using didn't have these two ports enabled so i went in an told it to listen in on port 2086 and port 2087 just in case.

However when i go to the address again on port 2086 or 2087 it takes me directly to my sites home page instead of the first time logon page. I go into the htdocs of my site and i don't see any new files nor any modified files in the apache server either. Did i install it to the wrong directory?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: