The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeBSD release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hicom, Jul 15, 2003.

1. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

I was actually wondering about that, the linux release had gone up to 7.2, while FreeBSD is still in EDGE 7.1

They were doing some nice development work on the FBSD version until July 3rd, and then the whole process stopped.

I have to agree though we ran a demo FBSD 4.8 with cp7.1 and it worked nicely. No conflicts, no errors (except to few background scripts). But many things were compatible and worked out of the box. However, I'd want to wait a little bit before buying cPanel to see if they can get a complete stable release similar to the linux line.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. wyatt12

wyatt12 Member

I agree completely with your comments. I'm waiting for proof of a stable freebsd version, and continued development before I purchase. I figure most if not all FreeBSD users are doing the same, therefore no one buys the FreeBSD version, therefore cpanel stops developing it. Its a shame that us FreeBSD users demand a peice of software that works out of the box, and doesn't require being hacked up.

Wyatt

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: