FreeBSD update problem, maybe

jerrypr

Jan 12, 2004
Hi,

I'm following the red warnings to upgrade, doing apache and then WHM. However, "/cpanel" is broken, and isn't fixed by updating; the version I have is reported as the "latest", although not the same as the latest reported in the red box.

Am I behind because I'm using FreeBSD?

Thanks,
J.

faisj

Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by jerrypr
Hi,

I'm following the red warnings to upgrade, doing apache and then WHM. However, "/cpanel" is broken, and isn't fixed by updating; the version I have is reported as the "latest", although not the same as the latest reported in the red box.

Am I behind because I'm using FreeBSD?

Thanks,
J.

same problem here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerrypr

Jan 12, 2004
Re: Re: FreeBSD update problem, maybe

Originally posted by faisj
same problem here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we've been orpahned :P

Actually, support wrote back in my ticket and said changing my prefs to -CURRENT and doing an update would fix everything.

I've done the update, and everything works now. HOWEVER, it's a week or more since this sifted down to -STABLE on Linux, so I'm not sure what the holdup is.

I only updated one server, and I'm leary about updating ohters to -CURRENT for production boxes. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
J.

faisj

Nov 21, 2003
Re: Re: Re: FreeBSD update problem, maybe

Originally posted by jerrypr
I think we've been orpahned :P

Actually, support wrote back in my ticket and said changing my prefs to -CURRENT and doing an update would fix everything.

I've done the update, and everything works now. HOWEVER, it's a week or more since this sifted down to -STABLE on Linux, so I'm not sure what the holdup is.

I only updated one server, and I'm leary about updating ohters to -CURRENT for production boxes. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
J.
so if i set the prefs to -CURRENT my client will be able
to access /webmail /cpanel etc????

( how do you bring it to -CURRENT )

Does everything run normal, right now on your server?

easyhoster1

Sep 25, 2003
I have updated a dozen production machines to CURRENT over the weekend and everything is working fine, except for the Oscommerce install which is still broke from 6 months ago.

faisj

Nov 21, 2003
/webmail
and
/cpanel
does not work

strange thing is that it shows in 2087:

WHM 9.2.0 cPanel 9.2.0-R27
FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE - WHM X v2.1.2

Security There are no known security problems with the build of cPanel you are using!

jerrypr

Jan 12, 2004
/webmail
and
/cpanel
does not work

strange thing is that it shows in 2087:

WHM 9.2.0 cPanel 9.2.0-R27
FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE - WHM X v2.1.2

Security There are no known security problems with the build of cPanel you are using!
Did you upgrade apache and then to the WHM upgrade?

/J.

jerrypr

Jan 12, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: FreeBSD update problem, maybe

so if i set the prefs to -CURRENT my client will be able
to access /webmail /cpanel etc????

( how do you bring it to -CURRENT )

Does everything run normal, right now on your server?
Yes, after setting my prefs to use CURRENT, and then doing all the updates, /cpanel now works.

It's not a full blown production server, so I can't comment on all things working, but the core set of features seems to be working good.

Thanks,
J.

jerrypr

Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by easyhoster1
I have updated a dozen production machines to CURRENT over the weekend and everything is working fine, except for the Oscommerce install which is still broke from 6 months ago.
You don't find any difference between CURRENT and STABLE then? I've always tried to shy away from anything too unstable on production servers; the support guys have a very casual attitude about which branch your using, so maybe it doesn't matter much.

Thanks for your feedback.

J.