The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeBSD version work yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wyatt12, Jul 7, 2003.

1. wyatt12

wyatt12 Member

Hey,

I tried to install the FreeBSD version about a year ago. It would not even install. If software won't even install, I'm not too enthusiastic about the quality of the software. Therefore I choose a different product for the time being.

Does the FreeBSD version work now? I do not want to hack/tweak cpanel to make it work. If I'm spending money on this product, and going to put it in a production environment, it should work nearly bug free upon install. After reading all the posts and complaints about FreeBSD/cpanel over the last year, I'm still to scared to give it another try.

Yet, what baffles me even more is how cpanel seems to missing a huge percentage of business by not providing a working product for FreeBSD hosts.

Wyatt

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. creos

creos Active Member

I've been using 4.7 for almost a year now.. and it works great.

The 7.0 version of cpanel has even more support for freebsd. Aside from the other general problems everyone seems to have with cpanel... it handles everything perfectly.

3. ob-1

ob-1 Member

We're currently using on FreeBSD 4.8-stable and there have been a few bugs that we've worked through with the cpanel staff.

The main problem i'd say that still exists is some of the monitoring scripts parse the results incorrectly, so in the server monitor if your load is 0.01 it will show as red. These are not big issues in my opinion however I'm logging a support ticket about a few of these little issues today.

Oh we are using cpanel 7 which is way more stable on bsd than 6.* ever was.

4. wyatt12

wyatt12 Member

great.

Hi,

I'm glad to hear version 7 is working. Is there a release yet though? or is ver 7 still all EDGE releases... If not, does anyone know when there will be a 7 release?

Wyatt