The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeBSD WOW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awsol, Mar 4, 2002.

1. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

Nice now you support FreeBSD. Great work Nick. I may switch my server to BSD.

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:3963cdf10d][i:3963cdf10d]Originally posted by awsol[/i:3963cdf10d]

Nice now you support FreeBSD. Great work Nick. I may switch my server to BSD.[/quote:3963cdf10d]

We aren't supporting it yet .. those builds are for beta testers only

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

We are looking for beta testers .. We will be offering a free 6 month/1 year (depending on quality of the testing) license to anyone who is approved to beta test the freebsd license.

4. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

I'm going to be switching data centers over to burst.net once I get the money. They give CPanel for free already. But I'd be interested in helping out. But as you said it's only beta and I can't have problems with my clients stuff. If burst is willing to work out a deal for a second server for me to help support cpanel than I'd be interested. I'd use the second server for mostly resellers and my resellers have about 100 domains total. So that would be some good beta testing. I'd foot the bill for the second server as long as it's reasonable.

5. storm2k

storm2k Registered

Me and another partner are setting up a hosting company after recently having our jobs outsourced to another country by our previous employer. We are in the stage of testing and tweaking the servers and are planning on going &live& probably in July. We are looking for a good CP interface and I thought this one was great in the demo I tried at www.powersurge.net . We are still discussing it but we will probably participate if allowed. We are adding users at this time with accounts to test the servers, etc. just not charging them until we go live since the servers are up and down occasionally. We also have friends that are very technically savvy that have free accounts on our servers specifically for testing them and letting us know if there are problems, etc. We are running 4.5 FreeBSD Stable with dual AMD 1900's and 1 Gb RAM (soon to be 4GB) and although I have read in other forums about the interface being slow I would think that was either system or configuration related. We have experience dealing with a 40,000+ user database so we are not new to this, just new to being the owners of it. As I said we are discussing using it but I would just like to know if we would even &qualify& since we are not actually operating live at this time. Please contact me via email with any questions or comments. Thanks!