Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

fresh install of cpanel/redhat and every email isn't being sent, mail queue backed up

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by edkhosting, Aug 22, 2005.

1. edkhosting

edkhosting Member

None of the emails sent by the box have been sent out they are all sitting in the mail queue. Alot of these are from a phpbb board which uses sendmail. All the emails are just sitting and haven't been delivered. The server has been up for 4 days and there is 650 emails sitting.There was an ip check probem with the server host name but I don't use the server host name but added the ip in an a record anyway. Other then that I don't know what the problem is. Has anyone seen this on here for a new install that exim isn't sending out any emails? I searched and didn't find anything.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You need to post what appears in the exim_mainlog when you try and send out an email.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. edkhosting

edkhosting Member

2005-08-21 23:51:01 1E73Ku-0000Cw-Fl == signups@domain.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<signups@domain.com>: host domain.com [209.59.140.xxx]: 451 Temporary local problem - please try later

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

This "SMTP error from remote mail server" is saying that the problem is at the receiving mail server. If it should be a local delivery, then it'smost likely the domain is missing from /etc/localdomains

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. edkhosting

edkhosting Member

this is mail being sent from another server that is s2.domain.com and the email account is on domain.com each are a web server with a db server of db.domain.com. I just moved datacenters so s2.domain.com have a new ip.