markb14391

Jun 9, 2008
Hi,

This is a minor cosmetic issue but I'd still love to see a solution.

Is there any way to change the way the Paper Lantern theme name is displayed in cPanel (in the theme selector)? Right now it's displayed as paper_lantern, which is more developer-oriented than end user-oriented. Is there any way to force it to display in the "Friendly" version, e.g. "Paper Lantern"?

Thanks,

Mark

markb14391

Jun 9, 2008
Actually I'm still seeing this on WHM 54, Build 19. Go into cPanel (Paper Lantern active), then go into Dashboard. There is a "Switch Theme" section with a menu whose choices are "x3" and "paper_lantern". If the user goes back to x3, they also have a theme selection menu which includes "paper_lantern"...so is there a way to make "paper_lantern" a more friendly "Paper Lantern"?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I don't see any native features that allow you to change the display name of the theme in the interface you referenced. You can open a feature request for this via:

Submit A Feature Request

Cloning the theme with a different name may work, but then you would not receive updates that are delivered to the default theme.

Thank you.

markb14391

Jun 9, 2008
I'm not asking for a feature to allow changing the display name, I'm just asking that the display name should, by default, be shown in a user friendly fashion instead of a developer-style fashion. If the name of the theme is "Paper Lantern", I would suggest that end users should see "Paper Lantern" in the dropdown menu instead of "paper_lantern". This is the convention used elsewhere throughout cPanel. For example, in the cPanel interface, users see "File Manager", not "file_manager".

I know this might sound like a nit-picky detail, but it just looks unprofessional in my opinion.

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Thank you for the additional feedback. I understand your point, however this type of change is a design decision, so we generally suggest opening a feature request to have such a change implemented, as opposed to a bug report.

Thank you.