The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From One Server CPanel to another

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sopos, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Sopos

Sopos Well-Known Member

Do you know if is there a way to transfer a resell (with all site and configuration) from one server (with cpanel) to another server (with cpanel) ?

[Edited on 11/19/01 by Sopos]

2. CRego3D

CRego3D Active Member

it\'s tougher to move a number of accounts than an enitire server belive it or now .. no there is no easy way :(

It has to be done manually

3. idn

idn Well-Known Member

manually... yes..

change the users password (warn them first)..

then go and TAR up their whole /home/user DIR..

then on the new server go and extract it.. then comes the shitty part: go re add all their sub domains, pop3, forwards, etc..

sean

4. MichaelShanks

MichaelShanks Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I am in the process of creating a script(s) which will fully manage a cpanel to cpanel server moves, I do a lot of these moves, although this does not relate entirely to the original question i would like to know how interested people would be in this, a lot of people seem to be moving around these days, nomads the lot of you :D

5. JapAniManga.ch

JapAniManga.ch Well-Known Member

I\'m very Interested in such a Script. Will you give it to us for Free, want Money, Donates (? PayPal ? Amazon Wishlist ?), ... ?

I dont understand why Darkorb not make such a Script and integrate it in WHM. They will not lose anything with it, its then CPanel -) CPanel [= lost a Customer, won a Customer in 1 Sec] ! I would unterstand it when People request Scripts for CPanel -) WebPanel or CPanel -) Plesk ....