The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Page and Add-ons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Pyles, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

I have a client that is using Front Page and is using add-on domains with her account. She has been unsuccessful in publishing her site to the add-ons. I've had other customers that have been able to do it, but with her, she gets an error saying Front Page extensions are not active on her site (they are active on her main account). Does anybody know of a way to correct this (or work around it). I had told the customer to place the files for the add-on in a subdirectory of her main site in front page, just as they are on the server.....then publish the main site. She is uncomfortable doing it like this and would prefer to go straight to the domain...any suggestions?

2. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

Did you put in a support ticket for this?

3. Tom Pyles

No I did not...I thought maybe I was missing something and somebody here knew a workaround ;)

4. qball15j

qball15j Member

Tom, i'm having the same problems with clients using MS FP for addon domains. But in my case no one has go it to work. Go figure, yet another thing the cPanel team needs to work on. They make enough money from our purchases of cPanel but they won't fix anything... hehe

5. Tom Pyles

I've put in a support ticket about it. After further review, I find that the customers that were able to make it work were not publishing to the add-on domain, but to the main domain using the add-on as a directory off of the main site. This particular client is uncomfortable doing it that way and wants to publish using the add-on.

6. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    [quote:76858e5fe5][i:76858e5fe5]Originally posted by Tom Pyles[/i:76858e5fe5]

I've put in a support ticket about it. After further review, I find that the customers that were able to make it work were not publishing to the add-on domain, but to the main domain using the add-on as a directory off of the main site. This particular client is uncomfortable doing it that way and wants to publish using the add-on.[/quote:76858e5fe5]

I have had customers successfully publish using these two methods:

1. publish to http://domain.com/addon_domain/

2. setup the addon domain as a subweb of the primary domain, then publish to http://addon_domain.domain.com

7. Tom Pyles

Thanks for the reply....I will send this off to the client and see how she makes out....thank you again!!!

8. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

[quote:21857f2069][i:21857f2069]Originally posted by ThunderHostingDotCom[/i:21857f2069]

Did you put in a support ticket for this?[/quote:21857f2069]

When you say support ticket what are you saying? I have personally submitted around 40 tickets since installing Cpanel in OCT. Not one of those issues have been resolved. All i get are request for the Cpanel personal to have access to my system to see the problem but they never log in. Then they close the ticket asking to rate their service and if i would comment on the service. WHAT SERVICE?

9. Tom Pyles

To be exact, I filled out the support ticket that is located in WHM. BTW, the options that Curious Too mentioned worked perfectly for this client and she is all set.