The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontend main page loading slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vortech, Jan 9, 2003.

1. vortech

vortech Well-Known Member

OK heres the problem. I have a freebsd server running cpanel. It works great except for one thing. When a user logs into port 2082 it takes almost a full minute to pull up the page. Once it does though you can move around the cp no problem at all.
    I think it must have something to do with it pulling the information such as quota and perl modules but I don't know how to track it down. I am using x-skin by the way. I have tested this on my other servers using the same setup and they run fine.
    Also it loads slow no matter which skin we use but again runs fine on the other servers.

2. vortech

quota -v

Further investigation it seems to be the command quota -v slowing it down. It tkaes forever for this command to finish.

3. vortech

Hrm

Ok I found the cause still no solution though. Hoping someone can help me out here.

THe quota -v is only slow when I have my backup nfs mounted. If i unmount the nfs then its fine.

I have the nfs in my /etc/fstab like this
    Ipaddress of other server:/pathto/directory/cpanel /backup nfs -b,rw,noauto 0 0
    I added the noauto to clear up the problem until it needs to run the backup.
    I am hoping that maybe there is a option I need to set or soemthing that will aloow me to have it mounted and fix the quota -v problem.

4. dandanfireman

dandanfireman Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I think there is an option in the backup to only mount the backup partition when it is being used. This might help.

5. vortech

ok the quota thing is all fixed. I need to enable quotas on the backup machine. This was a problem on all of our freebsd server including hsphere ones. So if you mount your backup by NFS make sure quotas are on for your backup servers as well.. :)