The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontend/Server Side Mail Scanning, Spam Stopping Script Suggestions?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by XPerties, Oct 5, 2005.

1. XPerties

XPerties Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I laughed when I typed the topic of this thread...

Anyways having moved to eSupport version 3 I have removed all my POP accounts and used cPanel forwarders to pipe all e-mail into my helpdesk. With this new setup it would seem all spam filters and spam assassin are completely ignored unless they go to a POP account first.

Since I do not wish to store unneeded e-mails in a dead POP account is there any script (excluding Chirpy Dictionary Attack Script) that can be placed in the frontend that might help reduce the spam I'm receiving in my ticket system?
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Well, MailScanner would help in this instance as it filters email regardless of whether it's forwarded or not, as the cPanel solution doesn't as you've found. You're right that the dictionary attack won't help if it's a catchall account. Another idea would be to put inline RBL checking into the exim ACL's which should cut a lot of it down. I don't know if rvskin's solution also checks all forwarded mail too, so you could check that out.