The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage 5 Not Working. Can't Re-install...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dkz, Mar 31, 2005.

1. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

Hello,

A client of mine started having problems with frontpage when he added a new sub domain. I uninstalled an re-installed the extentions but that did not help. I then tried the fixes listed in the forum (/scripts/updatenow /scripts/setupfp5 /scripts/updatefrontpage) with no help. After running /scripts/setupfp5 my client now gets a timeout error. When installing the extentions I got the following message after entering the servername:

Code:
    safe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gidsafe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gidError: FrontPage requires that the AllowOverride option be set to something other than "None" (typically set in access.conf).  "All" is the preferred AllowOverride option for the document root.
    No such file or directory

root@surfer [/scripts]# safe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gidsafe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gidsafe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gidsafe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gid
    root@surfer [/scripts]# safe_chown:
    It keeps printing the message safe_chown: Error Fetching the uid/gid even at the command prompt after the install. I checked access.conf and http.conf and they appear to be configured properly..

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

2. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

Nobody has any ideas? A guess?