The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage error after modifying .htaccess file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ymichaud, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ymichaud

ymichaud Registered

Each time I change some parameters using Cpanel options that will modify the .htaccess file, I get this error message trying to connect myself using Frontpage:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    403 Forbidden

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.37 Server at sctt.ca Port 80
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only solution my Web hosting company is offering is the following:

"...Unfortunately FrontPage is not compatible with Linux and this incompatibility reaches its extreme in .htaccess file. You may find a better software for web designing and replace it with this FrontPage..."

Is there a solution to that?

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Did you try reinstalling the FrontPage Extensions(if your host has provided you this option in cPanel)?