The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage Errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbullard, Oct 23, 2004.

1. jbullard

jbullard Registered

I have looked and looked and tried and tried all the fixes/updates, uninstall/reinstall Frontpage extensions on this forum but nothing seems to be working. When I look at the log files this is the error I get:

[Sat Oct 23 22:12:00 2004] [error] [client 24.88.51.229] File does not exist: /home/webmast/public_html/404.shtml
    [Sat Oct 23 22:12:00 2004] [error] [client 24.88.51.229] File does not exist: /home/webmast/public_html/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc

I am thinking that I am just going to have to remove all clients off of the server and just restart from scratch. If anyone has had any ideas or luck with off the wall stuff, right now I am desperate. Thanks.

Jason

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Have you maybe, reinstalled extensions?

3. jbullard

jbullard Registered

Yes. I have tried pretty much everything. Here is a list:

1. Reinstalled the extensions through cPanel.
    2. Reinstalled the extensions through WHM.
    3. Uninstalled/Reinstalled through Shell.
    4. /scripts/updatenow
    5. /scripts/initfpsuexec
    6. find /home -name "service.pwd" -exec chmod -v 600 {} ';'
    7. Go into httpd.conf and look for the modfrontpage.c make sure it is not # in front.

These are the only fixes I have seen. But none of them are working. When I go into the client's File Manager and look for the folder _vti_bin/_shtml.exe/_vti_rpc it is not there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason