The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage Extensions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mike25, Mar 4, 2004.

1. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Having a strange problem with FrontPage extensions, two customers report today that there email forms that use frontpage extenstion will not funstion. When trying uninstall/reinstall extentsions under one account I get this message.

Starting uninstall, port: 80.

Created: unknown
    Version: unknown
    Error: The server administration programs and the server extensions on the web server are not compatible. The server is too old to use with this administration program.
    The version (unknown) of the server extensions you are trying to uninstall cannot be uninstalled with this tool. You must upgrade this virtual server to the current version, and then use owsadm.exe to uninstall.

Removing .htaccess files....Done
    Removing old frontpage files...Done

FrontPage extensions are currently: not installed

The other account will reinstall the extensions just fine, but the forms still do not work. Pressing the submit button returns the following.

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
    You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

I have the lastest version of frontpage installed and apache 1.3.29. I have had a look at the :80.cnf file for both accounts and they appear to be setup properly.

Does anyone have any ideas what maybe causing this? I'm at a loss ....

#1 mike25, Mar 4, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
  2. mfreund

mfreund Member

I have same prob............I wish they would help us :)

3. olivier222333

olivier222333 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

the same problem here...
    customers want Frontpage exetnsions...but they don't work!!!
    I ran: /scrits/updatenow
    /scripts/updatefrontpage too....
    nothing to do...

4. EMS

EMS BANNED

There MUST be some kind of bug in the fp extensions because this happens from time to time without warning where on some domains - reinstalling the extensions just doesnt work You can reinstall a million times and it has no effect.

Just today we have one user - getting the _derived/nortbots.htm error as follows...

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
    You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

So I use the reinstall feature - makes no difference. I make sure everything is up to date. Still same problem. Stuck.

Next option is to remove users account - recreate users account -install fp extensions - re publish site in frontpage.

I'll update here if it works.

p.s I wish Microsoft would just discontinue frontpage - its a nightmare !

5. EMS

EMS BANNED

Resolution...

Before taking drastic measures and resetting the account - I asked the customer to re-publish his site, after reinstalling fp extensions.

The answer I got back was that this time he published using http://hisdomain.com and confessed that previousley he had used the FTP method - even though our documentation explains that this may cause problems.

So on this occasion, the problem seems to be that the customer published his site using FTP - changing to HTTP resolved it completeley.

So for anyone (like me) who didnt ask this fundamental question during their investigation into this problem, a search will hopefully pull up this thread and give you a possible answer.