The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage Grr!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EMS, Sep 27, 2005.

1. EMS

EMS BANNED

On one of our servers we have started getting support tickets from customers who say that despite installing FP extensions, tryingt o publish to their domain produces an errort hat frontpage is not installed.

So I went through the usual stuff, got them to reinstall, try again etc etc - Still no joy.

I've run a upcp --force and recompiled Apache to make sure that frontpage was included but this same problem is still happening.

Everything appears fine, fp installs ok on the users domains but when they try and publish it just wont work !

I'm scratching my head now and I'd be very grateful for some advice.

2. Snowman30

Snowman30 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Same issues across all our servers in the past few days

3. ctmattice

ctmattice Member

Been fighting this one since 9/21 when cPanel send out a new stable build (HaHA), lots of other bugs as well.

Teaches me to make sure auto updates are all off.

4. eeadmin

eeadmin Well-Known Member

never liked front page

I never liked front page. Honestly I can't say I would blame any of the other software components if front page is involved. Maybe you should look at unistalling fp thne manually deleting the front page create directories then reinstalilng fp. I can definitely remember situations where that was the best fix for me.

5. ctmattice

ctmattice Member

Been there done that. No good, pages display fine, publishing is a no go.

I agree with you, don't like front page but there are those that swear by it though it has caused them trouble in the past. Most of the grips I get have to do with mail extensions not working or working sparadically. If I had my choice fp wouldn't be on the server or the box would be a windows box. I prefer *nix servers so I'll deal with the issues.

6. EMS

EMS BANNED

Same.

Its a server - wide issue, nobody can publish at all.

After doing everything I possibly can to fix, my customers are now getting this....

404 Not Found
    Not Found The requested URL /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

/usr/local/frontpage/ and its contents are owned by "bin" Is this the problem ? Shouldnt they be owned by root except the "exes" directory?

7. EMS

EMS BANNED

Anyone ?

I'm desperate !