The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

frontpage issue - error on forms in add-on domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XPerties, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. XPerties

    XPerties Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2003
    Messages:
    401
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    New Jersey, USA
    A few forms on add-on domains stop working.

    http://www.DOMAIN.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/contact.htm

    I've tried everything from installing FP mail extensions, reinstalling FP extensions, totally cleaning them up, changing permissions server wide for service.pwd, /scripts/updatenow, /scripts/initfpsuexec.

    I'm running latest stable. Any ideas on this one?
     
  2. timdorr

    timdorr Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2002
    Messages:
    93
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm having this exact same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
     
  3. crecon

    crecon Registered

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2004
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    is this the same problem?

    When a form is posted on several of my clients websites (two addon domains), it asks for login permissions. And the permissions are not for any user that I can find - or according to any .htaccess file that I can find.

    It says:

    "Enter Username and password for ":" at www.domainname.com"

    And no login I try works. When you cancel, it goes to the
    /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.htm page that is totally blank, and none of the information is emailed or saved.

    Update -- changing permissions on _vti_pvt/service.pwd fixed it!. It was set to 600 - I changed it to 644.

    anyone know what this should be, and/or how to avoid it getting changed backed?

    update
    I was wrong. It is working under alternate domains - but not on the main one, and I am seeing the "Invalid Username" error when I run /scripts/fixfrontpageperms for those addon domains.
     
    #3 crecon, Dec 13, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  4. AndyReed

    AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    May 29, 2004
    Messages:
    2,222
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    Look in the root directory /home/user/ of your client's account and if you find a directory: .htpasswd delete it. If this doesn't solve the problem, you need to find out if your client use FrontPage specifics to protect that form and/or directory. FrontPage has its built-in directory protection mechanism.
     
  5. crecon

    crecon Registered

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2004
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    tried that. Not there. Also, I have full access via frontpage to the clients webs (I have clients login and password) and I looked for web permission settings also.

    Again, the problem now is that It works via www.domainname.com and even domainname.mydomain.com but not under domainname.com.
     
Loading...

Share This Page