Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

frontpage issue - error on forms in add-on domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XPerties, Oct 22, 2004.

1. XPerties

XPerties Well-Known Member

A few forms on add-on domains stop working.

http://www.DOMAIN.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/contact.htm

I've tried everything from installing FP mail extensions, reinstalling FP extensions, totally cleaning them up, changing permissions server wide for service.pwd, /scripts/updatenow, /scripts/initfpsuexec.

I'm running latest stable. Any ideas on this one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. timdorr

timdorr Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I'm having this exact same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

3. crecon

crecon Registered

is this the same problem?

When a form is posted on several of my clients websites (two addon domains), it asks for login permissions. And the permissions are not for any user that I can find - or according to any .htaccess file that I can find.

It says:

"Enter Username and password for ":" at www.domainname.com"

And no login I try works. When you cancel, it goes to the
    /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.htm page that is totally blank, and none of the information is emailed or saved.

Update -- changing permissions on _vti_pvt/service.pwd fixed it!. It was set to 600 - I changed it to 644.

anyone know what this should be, and/or how to avoid it getting changed backed?

update
    I was wrong. It is working under alternate domains - but not on the main one, and I am seeing the "Invalid Username" error when I run /scripts/fixfrontpageperms for those addon domains.

#3 crecon, Dec 13, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Look in the root directory /home/user/ of your client's account and if you find a directory: .htpasswd delete it. If this doesn't solve the problem, you need to find out if your client use FrontPage specifics to protect that form and/or directory. FrontPage has its built-in directory protection mechanism.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. crecon

crecon Registered

tried that. Not there. Also, I have full access via frontpage to the clients webs (I have clients login and password) and I looked for web permission settings also.

Again, the problem now is that It works via www.domainname.com and even domainname.mydomain.com but not under domainname.com.