The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kris1351, Oct 2, 2004.

1. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

For some reason in the last few updates we have had users that can't use the publish function in FP extensions. I have gone as far as to reinstall FP from the download on the cpanel.net site and still no resolution. They all are getting:

"500 Internal Server Error
    Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@domain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have had this and mutli other issues with FP extensions. The only sure fired way we have fixed them back to full function is to rm -f /home/<user>/public_html/_vti*, rm -f /home/<user>/public_html/.htaccess and rm -f /usr/local/frontpage/<domain>:80.cnf and then reinstall the extensions for that web

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

That makes life fun, LOL. We have had users re-creating their webs after deleting the _vti stuff, it is quite frustrating to them though so we were hoping someone had found a good solution.

4. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    LOL If you find a easy better solution I will definitely want to hear it too, cause I agree the vti method is a PITA. But since fp5 I have not been able to repair them much of any other way