The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage Issues.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeffa, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Jeffa

Jeffa Member

Hey Guys,

I'm chasing some assistance with this frontpage error I'm getting.

Frontpage says sharepoint services not installed when I try to "open site".

The httpd logs show:

[Mon Jun 19 11:03:06 2006] [error] (2)No such file or directory: Incorrect permissions on webroot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/_vti_pvt" and webroot's _vti_pvt directory in FrontPageAlias().
    [Mon Jun 19 11:03:06 2006] [error] [client 161.114.228.150] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc
    [Mon Jun 19 11:03:06 2006] [error] [client 161.114.228.150] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/404.shtml

thing is, my www dir is not /usr/local/apache/htdocs/_vti_pvt its /home/name/public_html/_vti_pvt

Would could be causing this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Any help here would be great.

The funny thing is, I have another website on this server which had extensions prior to the one's I'm trying to install now and it works ok.. however I have not tried to uninstall/reinstall in fear of breaking them as well.

-Jeffa

#1 Jeffa, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

Are you sure that the VirtualHost entry for your domain in httpd.conf defines the correct DocumentRoot and the entry NameVirtualHost is setup for the IP on which the domain is hosted?

3. Jeffa

Jeffa Member

Ok, found the problem..

Now to see if you can be further help *starts sucking out information*

The problem was that /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf had the VH as my external IP not my internal Lan IP..

however /usr/local/apache/conf/sites/www.hostwest.com.au:80.cnf has the external IP in it, but that config doesn't appear to do anything??

So what I'd like to know is, is there ANY way I can get the server to use my external IP?
    Atm, the External IP hits the router, and the DMZ routes to to my local 10.0.0.11 IP.

Regards,

Jeffa

4. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

You can change the IP for the domain from :

WHM >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address and it will update all configuration files associated with that domain with the new IP address.

5. Jeffa

Jeffa Member

I did this, changed it from 10.0.0.11 to 203.206.133.74 and then when you try to access it, it fails and you get the no website configured at this address msg..

Even though I've got a virtual eth0:1 setup to use 203.206.133.74.. Maybe I need to do something on the router.. *sigh*