The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage nto installed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chainsaw76, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Chainsaw76

Chainsaw76 Registered

Frontpage not installed

I see many questions about this, but no answers that work.

Server info:
    Dedicated server
    WHM 10.8.0
    cPanel 10.8.1-R113
    CentOS 3.6 i686
    WHM X v3.1.0

Servers been up and running w/o a problem since November w/o frontpage extensions.

I have a customer that would like them, and against my better judgement I'm trying to install them.

from WHM, I've gone through the update apache process with frontpage extensions checked.
    (I have also tried easyapache, with the same results).

I cannot publish from frontpage to http. ("the server you are publishing to does not have the front page extensions installed"
    if I publish via ftp, none of the frontpage extensions seem to work (the counter for example).

So, I'm assuming fronpage extension are not installed. I've searched the forums here, WHT, and my server provider. and have not been able to find a solution.

When I install frontpage extensions on an account, I don't get any error messages:
    Creating web http://www.xxxx.xxxx.com.
    Chowning Content in service /.
    Install completed.
    Setting Password
    Frontpage passthough auth enabled!

Edit: phpInfo does not appear to show frontpage installed:
    Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 DAV/1.0.3 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

-Jason

#1 Chainsaw76, Feb 20, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  2. Chainsaw76

Chainsaw76 Registered

I've tried easyapache with serveral different option groups, and I get the same result every time (reinstalling front page extensions for the account each time).

Anyone have any ideas of something to try?

-Jason

3. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check

On my Phpinfo under apache it lists:

Loaded Modules mod_evasive, mod_fastcgi, mod_php5, mod_security, mod_gzip, mod_auth_passthrough, mod_log_bytes, mod_bwlimited, mod_frontpage, mod_ssl, mod_setenvif, mod_so, mod_expires, mod_auth, mod_access, mod_rewrite, mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation, mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core

Hope this helps..... We have always had trouble with the counters working properly so we help the customers set up the counters that come with cPanel.