The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontpage Problem after latest edge update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NeutralGold, Oct 10, 2003.

1. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

I'm unable to reach any site with frontpage since last nights edge update. Frontpage tells me that the domain does not appear to have windows sharepoint services installed. Anyone else having this issue? I've tried reinstalling frontpage and everything on the domains. Same issue no matter what I do. Even a clean install of exntensions in a sub-folder doesn't allow a connection from ms frontpage.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just had this also.

I had to uninstall the extensions on the domain, and then reinstall. (just reinstalling first did no good)

Unfortunately, when I uninstalled/installed, it seemed to knock out my Theme info, and more importantly, the Navigation info!

Luckily, the site in question didn't have a complicated Navigation structure, so it was easy to recreate.

My *guess* is that the wonderful, all powerful, OZ, I mean MS, has tweaked their wonderful code again trying to puch their newer software. Notice how the error now says Sharepoint. :( So, I'd venture to make an assumption that it is not necessarily a cpanel issue, except that cpanel is using a current patch. pure assumption though

3. NeutralGold

Well that is a big load of crap, surely they can do something to fix this, I can't just uninstall them because I can't afford to loose anything. Everythings working fine except for being able to connect and edit things with frontpage. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if anything gets updated with a fix.

4. pagedeveloping

pagedeveloping Well-Known Member

May I Ask What version of FrontPage are you using?

I am using FrontPage 2002 on two systems WindowsXP and Windows2000 and neither gives me a problem on the latest edge with the latest FrontPage Patch.

5. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    There isn't much we can do about frontpage breaking since we don't have any access to the frontpage source code.

6. NeutralGold

I understand, my dispair wasn't directed at you guys, but rather m$ for being pricks lol. I downgraded to the latest stable release, I plan to copy all frontpage submitted sites and then re-publish them on fresh frontpage installs.