The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FrontPage suddenly not working, help =(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HostRod, Jul 13, 2003.

1. HostRod

HostRod Member

Hello everyone, I am hoping that one of you have had this same problem. Today, after (cPanel) did the mandatory update I noticed that my FrontPage icon in my web browser was no longer working. I thought that it was odd at first. However, I can not edit any page anywhere on the web using the icon at the top of the browser nor can I click File > Edit. It is simply disabled. At first I thought it was server related, but because it seems to be a local problem as when I boot under my other system it works perfect and also on a different PC.

I have since, Uninstalled and Reinstalled the following software to no avail: IE 6.0 - Microsoft Office XP including FrontPage 2002, and Norton Anti Virus and Norton Internet Security. I have also booted between each change.

I am hoping someone out there has faced this same problem and knows how to resolve it. Please review this picture to see what I am taking about. Very Strange little problem. I will continue to read the boards and the MSN help area while I wait to see if anyone has a fix. If I find one I will post it.

http://www.hostrod.com/frontpage.gif

Thanks everyone,

Chris

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Is guessing allowed on the Forums? :D

My guess: Open IE and do Tools / Internet Options. On the Programs tab see if Microsoft Frontpage is still listed as your HTML Editor.

Good luck HostRod.

3. HostRod

HostRod Member

Problem Resolved

Thanks Stefaans. However that wanst it.

After serious reading and searching it was as basic as empty your web cache, temp files and cookies.

B . I . N . G . O

Chris