quang

Registered
Nov 6, 2006
Heres the story.

I have a server that I log into using internet explorer. I type "ftp://[email protected]" and then prompted with a log in screen. I then log in. Everything works fine for me.

Now heres the problem.

I want to give my buddy some space on my ftp to start learning web-design. So I went to add ftp, and it gave him a location "site.com/buddy". I even gave him a starter index. Now here's where i'm confused. How does he login into this?

When I try ftp://[email protected] and then prompted with the log in screen, nothing happens. It just acts as if the password is incorrect. I then tried ftp://[email protected] and got nothing. Followed that with [email protected]/buddy. And that didn't work.

I also gave him a sub-domain of buddy.site.com. Then tried logging into his ftp through ftp://[email protected] and then it just caught my computer on fire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane eckel.

Kerstin

Apr 9, 2005
Berlin
Why you don`t use the command box ? There are some problems with any browsers to access with ftp to a site. It can happens that some acces rights or settings on your web browser or file system causing the effect.
I belive you can use the synthax and the usrname and pwd in the url.
I must look for the correct synthax. You should have acces to your page.

URL ftp://username : pwd | [email protected]
Type
ftp
username
password
binary

Help for command tools

Last edited:

soisix

Nov 3, 2006
I am having a similar problem now aswell - think this could be related to the FC5 issue

I have tried and I know I am using the correct username/ password.

its almost as if cpanel has not updated the FTP userdatabase

ANyone know where that is, so I can check myself

Thanks