The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp account named 0@domain.xxx

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by internetfab, Mar 6, 2005.

1. internetfab

internetfab Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    More and more customers complain that they've got ftp accounts created somehow named 0@domain.com and those can't be deleted through cPanel..

Has anyone else had this problem? They hog up ftp slots for the customer and we really need to get this fixed asap

Running:
    9.9.9-STABLE 15

2. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I noticed this once. I think it was caused (or at least it happened about the same time as) by transferring all my accounts to a new server. I looked about these forums for a while and couldn't find out anything about it, so eventually just removed them, with no bad consequences I could detect. I deleted them using cpanel, logged in as user, using root password. Give that a try...

BTW, I'm not entirely sure, as I was doing many changes during that time, but I think it may be related to my also ending up with an empty db for each user, ie mysql databses for each account, just named as the user, instead of the usual format of 'username_dbname'. This has been discussed in these forums a bit. I eventually just deleted those with no ill effects also.