Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FTP Backup & DHCP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajralston, Nov 5, 2003.

1. ajralston

ajralston Registered

I want to use WHM to backup my production server to my local testing server, however I do not have a static IP locally.

I do have a cronjob that runs every morning to tell me what my IP is (it emails me if it has changed) and I can easily save this information to the server.

What I am wondering is if there is any way to automatically update WHM with my new IP each night before the backup is run?

2. ajralston

ajralston Registered

Additional Info

I found out that the FTP config file is at: /etc/cpbackup.conf so I guess the question is now more along the lines of whether anyone has ideas on how to update that file.

I can get my DHCP IP from my testing server locally, then set up a cron to push the IP to the server, then set up a cron on the server to update the file... but that seems really messy...

3. fujiwara takumi

fujiwara takumi Active Member

Re: Additional Info

cant production call for an IP update once a day and make the necessary arrangements if its changed?