Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Backup/Restore question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitard, Jul 26, 2005.

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

I'm changing servers to a new box in another data center (same company, just a 100mpbs port and less restrictions... plus just a better box) and I'll have a week that the 2 boxes are up at the same time to complete the transfer.

If I do a backup from my current server using CPANEL's backup setup and transfer it all to my new server can I simply restore the backup once its complete from the new box by the restore option?

Will I have any issues since it will be a new box? I plan to setup the basic info the same (same hostname on the box, etc).

D.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do that. You should make sure that you setup the same Feature and Package information too (you can copy that information directly from the /var/cpanel/features and /var/cpanel/packages directories).

3. prowebhoster200

Why dont you copy with WHM, is easier

You can copy accounts from one to other in WHM if have root access to both no problem