The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Backup to windows ftp server issue

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by dwykofka, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

The ftp username field in backup configuration will not take a username that is formatted for a windows iis ftp server on a windows domain network.

The username required to log into an account on this type of ftp server is in the following format:
    domain\user

When you try to enter this into the ftp username box and save the form removes the \ from the username which means that the backup function will not be able to log into the ftp server.

#1 dwykofka, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. chuza

chuza Well-Known Member

Obviously this must be a function in GUI, i had a similar problem that WHM did not take packages with ' ' space in the name. I manually went and changed /var/cpanel/packages file for that package and it went well, you just need to know where cPanel backup configuration files store this info?

4. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

Actually I was looking for a proper bugfix but was too lazy to hit the bugfix site :)

Uhg so I went to put in a bug report but it wants me to create an account that I am only going to use once. I am no longer signing myself up for accounts on websites where I will only use them once or twice, I dont know how many accounts I have created that I will never use again all across the web.

Maybe someone else will put it in.

#4 dwykofka, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008