FTP Backup to windows ftp server issue

dwykofka

Aug 6, 2003
The ftp username field in backup configuration will not take a username that is formatted for a windows iis ftp server on a windows domain network.

The username required to log into an account on this type of ftp server is in the following format:
domain\user

When you try to enter this into the ftp username box and save the form removes the \ from the username which means that the backup function will not be able to log into the ftp server.

Last edited:

chuza

Jul 4, 2008
Obviously this must be a function in GUI, i had a similar problem that WHM did not take packages with ' ' space in the name. I manually went and changed /var/cpanel/packages file for that package and it went well, you just need to know where cPanel backup configuration files store this info?

dwykofka

Aug 6, 2003
Actually I was looking for a proper bugfix but was too lazy to hit the bugfix site :)

Uhg so I went to put in a bug report but it wants me to create an account that I am only going to use once. I am no longer signing myself up for accounts on websites where I will only use them once or twice, I dont know how many accounts I have created that I will never use again all across the web.

Maybe someone else will put it in.

Last edited: