The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP configuration in CPANEL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fbarajas, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Fbarajas

Fbarajas Active Member

One of my hosting costumers reported a problem. I logged-in with his username/password in Cpanel and he's right: there IS a problem!

He tried to add an aditional FTP account in Cpanel, but Cpanel created a strange account instead of creating the username he intended.

He tried to create a user named "fernando" (for example), but the acoount appears as:

dHgd$o7Sf6lVRdIRZwEDavMdb01@hisdomain.com

If I try to erase that account from Cpanel, I'm asked: "Are you sure you wish to delete the FTP account dHgd$o7Sf6lVRdIRZwEDavMdb01?". I answer "Yes" so I get:

"The FTP account dHgd$o7Sf6lVRdIRZwEDavMdb01 was deleted.

Syncing Ftp Databases....Done "

But the user is NOT deleted!! It still appears in Cpanel.

Also, I can't add new FTP accounts. Cpanel tells me they were added, but they are not.

¿How can I fix this? ¿Can I delete that strange account with numbers from the console?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English!!

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    there is a password file for the domain that seems to be corrupt. you will need to erase it from there. iee.. from /home/username/etc/passwd and /home/username/etc/shadow. that will be all.