The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP File Deleting Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royhobbs, Sep 8, 2003.

1. royhobbs

royhobbs Member

I have looked for a few hours but can't find anyone else with this problem. I have a user who is having problems with uploading files. I can upload a file from root to his account, but if I upload a file from his account name, the file seems to upload fine, but then if I go look at it in ssh it is zero bytes. I am using ftp to upload, so is my client. We have tried to upload through the browser, as well as a file manager in his shopping cart, and wsftp, which doesn't seem to work at all, except in the case of root.

Does anyone know how to reset his ftp accounts manually? They seem to be messed up in the cpanel. None of them have the usernames after them, so they look different than a cpanel account that has fully functional ftp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I included enough info.

Thanks.

Ben

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

With the file being "uploaded" and then checking it and the file being zero bytes sounds like the client is over their disk quota.

3. royhobbs

royhobbs Member

Thanks for your help. That was definitely the problem. I guess I didn't see it because when I moved the backup this user had done, I neglected to chown it to root, so it was still showing up as his file, which meant that his quota was still over.

I appreciate your help.

Ben