The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Folder Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eis0ptr0ph0bia, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Eis0ptr0ph0bia

Eis0ptr0ph0bia Registered

I'm not good at this whole FTP stuff, all I do to upload pictures is drag them from my personal folders to folders in my network places. Now when I try to do that one of several things take place:

1) When I upload a .htm, .txt, .doc file, it uploads "successfully," but when I view the file on the internet, it's a blank page. So I open the file in My Network Places, and it tells me Some files can harm your computer, If the file information below looks suspicious... etc" "Open Save Cancel More Info."
    2) When I upload pictures I get this window:
    [​IMG]

I don't understand what's going on. One minute it worked, the next it didn't. At first I thought it was my computer (a virus or something) but then I tried accessing it through a different computer, and I got the same thing.

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    what is the username that you are logging in ? seems like you are using a sub-domain to upload ?

3. Eis0ptr0ph0bia

The username is assyria1

4. linux-image

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    err.. my question is .. if you are logging into the main domain with the main username and password or into a sub-domain with a fresh username that u created from the control panel.

never mind !! do onething.. do an ftp to the ip address of your domain and then give the username and password. then double click on the link www and then upload the files there and see.

if there is an error paste the message here.

5. Eis0ptr0ph0bia

the same things happen as before.

6. linux-image

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    as for the error:
    ================
    1) When I upload a .htm, .txt, .doc file, it uploads "successfully," but when I view the file on the internet, it's a blank page. So I open the file in My Network Places, and it tells me Some files can harm your computer, If the file information below looks suspicious... etc" "Open Save Cancel More Info."
    =================
    this happens when u open a .do file; since it cannot be open by the browser and the default setting is to prompt for a download.

however the .txt and .html file should appear and i can find no reason wth the given data that you have provided to make any further solutions.

2. 2) When I upload pictures I get this window:
    http://img26.photobucket.com/albums/v79/Born4korn86/FTP_FOLDER_ERROR.jpg

the error says that the permissions on the folder are wrong. you can ask your host to have a check on the permissions on the www folder. sometimes there happens to be a permission change.