The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Help Please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flowerchild1260, Jul 6, 2008.

1. flowerchild1260

flowerchild1260 Registered

Apr 30, 2007
    I've never used FTP before so I'm really new to this. I've downloaded Filezilla and have uploaded my files to CPanel (I've got CPanel 11.23.3). I see the folder which I called main.htm, but in CPanel it's named main_files and it's a folder which contains all of the pictures etc. What do I need to do now in order to make it my new index.html page? When I click on the folder named main_files I see all of my pictures and a file in this folder which is called filelist.xml. When I view the filelist.xml file it shows all of the codes which I assume are the codes in my front page. I've copied a little bit here for you.

- <xml xmlns:eek:="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice">
    <o:MainFile HRef="../main.htm" />
    <o:File HRef="sound266.wav" />
    <o:File HRef="image334.png" />

I made my front page in Microsoft Publisher. The files uploaded to my public_html folder.

When I saved my webpage to my PC after I was done making it in Microsoft Publisher it saved as a main.htm file. I'm not sure why it uploaded as a main_files folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Save it as index.htm or index.html (or if you use php name it index.php) and it'll work. Short of that you might ask your host for assistance or read up on using Microsoft Publisher.