The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp ip on new created account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slav, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Slav

Slav Well-Known Member

Hi, i am hoping someone can explain or tell me if there is a way to fix this.

When we create resellers we give them a shared ip which is usually their ns2 record. So all accounts created in there have the main ip as the ns2 record of the specific reseller.

One thing i noticed that if you go to edit dns on the new account the table that has the listing for FTP uses the ip address of the server and not the main ip that the account was setup AS.

So i wanted to know is there another way for it automatically change the ftp ip to the same as the main ip of the account that the reseller has got for the main shared ip address for their clients? Hope i am making sense here.

Otherwise i have a reseller that manually goes and editd the dns for the ftp to the main ip of the shared ip it creates the account with.

Thanks SLav

2. jcanals

jcanals Registered

I have exactly the same problem and found no way to solve it at the moment. One workaround could be to modify the DNS template for virtualftp and change the line:

FTP IN A %ftpip%

To something like that:

FTP IN A %ip%

or

FTP IN CNAME %domain%.

But the problem is that change must be done in all resellers, as the templates are per-user basis and changing them at root level does not change the Resellers ones.

I'm sure must be a way to do it, but at the moment, I did not find it :confused:

Regards,
    Jordi

3. jcanals

jcanals Registered

Edit the DNS template

SOLVED: FYI

To change the FTP IP to the domains IP in ALL accounts, you must edit the file:

/var/cpanel/zonetemplates/standardvirtualftp

This change will aply to all accounts that have not modified the template and have not a personalized one. If you want revert the users changes to the new defaults, just delete the files username_standardvirtualftp, and them will get the new default template.

I did it just now, tested, and works perfect :cool:

Just changed the line:

ftp IN A %ftpip% to ftp IN A %ip%

As saind in my prior post, you also can change it to ftp IN CNAME %domain% and then you will get the same behavior as the standard template.

Regards,
    Jordi Canals