The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Manager will not go away

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rsavage, Feb 18, 2005.

1. rsavage

rsavage Registered

Hello All,

We are currently running CPanel 9.9.2-S8, WHM 9.0.0, on Red Hat 7.3 WHM X v3.1.0. What I need to do is remove the "Ftp Manager" block from all of my customer's CPanel interfaces. I thought if I went into:

CPanel - > (Under Packages) -> Feature Manager -> Edit a Feature List "clicking on our default", and then removing the check marks from: Ftp Account Manager, and Ftp Settings, would fix the problem, but it didn't. Since all of my customers use a certain package, I created a new Features List (minus the FTP features), and put that feature list with a new package I created. That also didn't fix the problem when I assigned that new package/plan to one of my customer's sites. Logging in as that customer still shows the FTP Manager block in their CPanel interface.

Please help, I do not want to let our customers to try and create FTP accounts since it's a service we don't offer.

Thanks,

-Rory Savage
    Systems Admin
    NuVox Communications
    Desk: 864-331-7220

2. fusioncroc

fusioncroc Well-Known Member

Is'nt that cpanel version slightly old ? try updating to a more recent build it may help

3. rsavage

rsavage Registered

I can't it's not that simple. And besides, who says upgrading will solve my problem?

4. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Whoa, hang on, no one said it would solve the problem he was only suggesting 1 solution as a number of things could be causing it.

Also make sure your using the clients username and password, as using clients name and YOUR password will show all features regardless of what youve set them too in whm.

Why isnt it that simple to upgrade? it takes 2 mouse clicks max to upgrade to the latest version and if it breaks something then revert back to the latest stable release, it really is one of the most simplest things to do with cpanel.

5. rsavage

rsavage Registered

CPanel Woes

From what I hear, CPanel was upgraded before breaking a number of things (this was done way before my time). Also, I would need to test the Upgrade in a test enviornment first, ensuring nothing would break. I am also not sure if there has been any customization done, I know there are external scripts that are tied into it. It would take alot of research and testing to perform a flawless upgrade.

As for the normal user , yeah I have a test domain with a *normal* account, when I disabled FTP Management as a feature, it would not go away logged in as the *normal* user.

If all else fails, can a block of php be remarked out?

-Rory