The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP not listing all files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n000b, Nov 16, 2009.

1. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

I'm having a very strange problem with one of my customers.

In their public_html directory, when I connect to SSH it says they have 2999 files including 22 directories in that directory. However, when viewing public_html on FTP, it says there are 1998 files including 12 directories. 11 of the directories in public_html are Frontpage directories starting with _ , all of which are showing up in FTP. It seems as though FTP is not listing files past "T", although the missing directories start with letters before "T" (for example, "F", "G" and "S"). In addition to this, I tried creating a number of test text files - I tried a number of letters, and the only one that shows up in FTP is "a.txt" - every other letter does not show up when I create a "<letter>.txt" file.

I have verified that all of the permissions are correct.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Edit: I have tried creating a new FTP user that has access to public_html and the same information shows up, so it is not a problem with the FTP user.

2. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

Solved my own problem :)

The problem was caused by a PureFTP setting that limits how many files to display. To change the setting, edit /etc/pure-ftpd.conf and change: