Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FTP not running, how I can tell the reason it stopped?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marcz908, Sep 3, 2007.

1. marcz908

marcz908 Member

Hello,

I am still new to cpanel. I noticed that pure-ftpd was not running this morning, so I just restarted the service from whm. Is there any way that I can tell why this stopped running? I didn't find much in /var/log/messages, but I was wondering if there was something specific to do on a cPanel server?

Thanks!

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    FTP stops sometimes on my VPS as well with no indication in the logs as to why. I think maybe a memory issue or another service on the machine may be the issue, but I'm dead on this as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ike

ike Well-Known Member

has anyone found a solution to this problem? where is the log for pure-ftpd so i can find out why my ftpd is failing 60 times an hour and then restarting itself. i have looked everywhere. any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance.