The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp owner/group error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by project, Aug 13, 2010.

1. project

project Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all,

i have a WHM server. The websites i am using is with joomla. The problem that i am facing is that when i upload something via ftp, the permisions are set to 755 and the owner/group set to 99/99 (different from the default owner/group). I cant upload or read anything from this folder. I have used another server from another provider and everything works fine. Is there any configuration in my WHM server that i can make in order to set the same owner/group of the folders that iam creating?

Any advice would me helpful,
    Thank u
    Kostas

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you're using Joomla to upload files and your server runs PHP in DSO/Apache mode, the files will be uploaded as nobody. The only thing you can really do to prevent this is switch your server to SuPHP or CGI, or ask your host you move you to a server that has this.

3. project

project Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Vanessa,
    the files i am uploading is by installing a module, a component or a template not manually by ftp. There is not anything else to do in order not to assign this owner/group??

Thank u