The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by longben, Sep 9, 2003.

1. longben

longben Registered

I have (as far as I know..) nothing changed in WHM or cPanel for this server.

I use CuteFTP Pro as my ftp program, but problems are the same with other ftp programs, also on other computers in- and outside of our network. Everything worked fine since a few weeks and I cannot find the reason for all this. I must admit that I am not really a "light" when it comes to configuring a server, so this is the main reason I can asure yoy I not changed anything (again: as far as I know....)

I have the following problems with pure-ftp/ftp:

I get constant messages that there are "too many connections (3) from this IP". Before (a few weeks) I opened more connections and now I get the same message when I restart the programs a hour later when I try to open the first connection of that session. Nobody else is having connections open with this server.

When I am in, I am (I think) in the root, but I see nothing and need to "change to another directory" to get there. When I try to change from there to another directory by double-clicking on a directoryname, sometimes it works, sometimes it "hangs" and gives later a time-out error.

Again, before a few weeks everything worked without any problems. I reinstalled Cute, installed other FTP programs: same problem, even from other computers..... so it must be something on the server.

Bernard
    Antwerpen, Belgium

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a user having the same issue presently.

3. longben

longben Registered

Hi,

If you look to dates I have the idea that in any case this forum is not monitored by the WHM/cPanel people :-( or probably I placed it in the wrong forum.

I THINK that this was triggered after changing cPanel skins from x2 to xcontroller and back.
    Not sure, but till now I need to live with it.........

4. Game Wizards

Game Wizards Active Member

Try switching back to ProFTPd and see if it fixes it.