The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaz250587, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Gaz250587

Gaz250587 Registered

Hi all,

I'm very new to FTP and am having a few problems. I want to upload my website using FTP through Cpanel. I'm using FileZilla and am not sure what host and the username is.

I assume that host is: ftp.mydomainame.co.uk ?
    on the ftp maintenance page it says ftp@mydomain.co.uk which i am assuming is the username? and the password Ive set.

When entering these details into FileZilla it just tells me it can't connect. Am I being an idiot and entering completly the wrong details?

Any help would be appreciated!!

2. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Hello there,
    Your user name and password will be the same details that you log into cPanel with. The host could be many things, as they all should point to the same place:

mydomainname.co.uk
    ftp@mydomain.co.uk
    The IP address for your website as well

All of the above should point to the same IP address. I would suggest though, that you contact your host if you are still having issues, as they would be able to give you specific details regarding your account.

3. Gaz250587

Gaz250587 Registered

Thanx for the quick reply.

Ive tried a number of things and it all comes up with the same thing.

Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known".

Could this be a firewall problem? I'm using a router. Also, i'm going through CJ-hosting and the account has only been active since this morning, maybe the ftp is just not setup yet?