The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Techtron, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Techtron

Techtron Member

The updating of server executed week this automatically FTP. I from this time have problems. I to service of accounts use proftpd, pureftpd to this on different IP acts from users' external datum feature. To this time all acted correctly. Now what night switches on pureftpd and server does not get up. I in WHM in FTP configuration have written that present server FTP this pureftpd and option to to switch on proftpd. I haul proftpd and FTP starts. However it on side be written that the present server the FTP this pureftpd and the option of switch on pureftpd ( and the proftpd acts ). What night follows switch on pureftpd however server does not get up, and it does not want I this. I want to server FTP was proftpd. My version: WHM 9.9.0 cPanel 9.9.2 - S 8

What do to make to server proftpd was default server and he did not switch what night on pureftpd ?

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Check your rpm database. Check to see if you have pure-ftpd installed. If you don't want pure-ftpd, make sure to remove the rpm and the pure-ftpd dirs and binaries.

3. Techtron

Techtron Member

I checked but rpm has not
    I looked for file which also it is pulled off but there is no him also :/

I removed with file UPCP code relating updating FTP, I started UPCP by hand and it looked that all will be in order, but updating in night was accomplished again FTP.
    The most interesting this is that in spite included proftpd in WHM ( FTP Configuration ) it be written that the pureftpd be started and the option of switch on Pureftpd