The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Quotas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dynasyn, Oct 9, 2003.

1. dynasyn

dynasyn Member

Why is it that I can create FTP accounts without setting disk quotas, but mail accounts have disk quotas? Does cPanel support quoats for FTP accounts. This would be very useful but I don't see any way to set these up.

Any help would be appreciated!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear dynasyn,

You can set user global quotas for files and disk space (the quotas apply to each user on the FTP host) or per individual user. A user quota setting overrides a global (or host) quota setting as long as the user quota setting is not zero.

You can use \"mod_quotatab\" to set quotas. This module is designed to impose quotas, both byte and file based on FTP accounts, based on user, group, class, or for all accounts. For more information regarding mod_quotatab,refer the URL:

http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/modules/mod_quotatab.html

Regards,

3. dynasyn

dynasyn Member

Great, but isn't there a way from the cPanel software to do this? I have clients that use my server and want to set FTP quotas for their customers and I am NOT going to give them SSH access to run commands to set these.

Why is this not a part of cPanel? FTP Quotas are very important and should, no, MUST be a part of cPanel if I am to continue using it.

Guess I am wasting my time complaining here since it appears that nobody from cPanel is even reading these. :mad: