The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp server not uploading in binary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by louisg1, Jan 19, 2010.

1. louisg1

louisg1 Active Member

hello i have latest release of cpanel whm installed and my ftp server which is pure ftp is not uploading in binary this is a problem because of some software i can't install because the file encodings are wrong. any ideas on how to fix?

2. louisg1

louisg1 Active Member

found out it isn't just ftp its the entire account that messed up anything i upload even if i force binary it winds up being acsii what could be causing this?

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    What FTP client software is being used?

I recommend trying different FTP client applications to rule-out possible issues in the FTP client.

I would also double check to ensure the source files are not already corrupted. Alternatives to FTP may include SFTP (using the SSH protocol), cPanel Web Disk (using WebDAV over HTTP or HTTPS), cPanel File Manager, or cPanel Legacy File Manager; once the upload is completed I recommend attempting to extract the archive via cPanel File Manager. Please note that SFTP does not require full SSH access.

Here are a few SFTP clients that I may consider:
    FileZilla, for Linux, Mac, and Windows
    Cyberduck, for Mac
    WinSCP, for Windows