The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp stats not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luminate, Feb 10, 2005.

1. luminate

luminate Registered

Clicking on "Webalizer FTP Stats" in any of my cPanels gives "Cannot find an acceptable log file for your domain.", and FTP bandwidth does not appear to be tracked on the bandwidth screen.

"/scripts/runweblogs username" doesn't seem to fix it as suggested in this thread.

/usr/local/apache/domlogs/ doesn't have any "ftp.domainname.com-ftp_log" "ftp.domainame.com-ftp_log.offset" or "ftp.domainname.com-ftp_log.offsetftpbytes" log files. It only has "ftpxferlog", "ftpxferlog.offset" and "ftpxferlog.offsetftpsep" which are empty. It appears to have the httpd/smtp logs for each domain, just not the FTP logs.

The suggestion to create those files as suggested in this thread sounds like a good idea, but even if that works, it wouldn't fix the underlying problem of why the files aren't there in the first place.

Any ideas? :confused: :(

Thanks

#1 luminate, Feb 10, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  2. rozimek

rozimek Registered

So, i have the same error, and I don't know what is bad ...
    Please for help ...

3. mooony

mooony Well-Known Member

Hi,

If you use pro-ftpd you will have stats. If you use pure-ftpd you don't.

Ronald

4. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

actually, mooony, I believe that cpanel now logs bandwidth from pure-ftp, so that is no longer true. I read it around here sometime, and the ftp configuration page now no longer mentions any issues with bandwidth logging for pure-ftp.