ftp stopped working, files not loading on file manager, etc

PabloC

Mar 24, 2015
Mar del Plata - Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
hello,

Something weird is happening to one of my accounts.

I can't connect thru ftp. I get time out error message (changed password, port, etc., changed password, etc, etc, several times...)

I need to edit a file, so I go to cpanel.mydomain and access without problems (with the same username and password as ftp), click File Manager, but no files at all are loaded.
I do the same to other account on my server, and work fine.

At cpanel.mydomain I try to create a new ftp account, but it looks as if javascript isn't working, but I open in a new window another account in the same server, and works perfectly.

What could be wrong? any ideas?

PabloC

Mar 24, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
yes, I am using Filezilla. Again, I have a dedicated server with 9 accounts (all mine). I have these problems with only one account.

I have been able to create a second ftp account, but again, I get "time out".

PabloC

Mar 24, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I think that I have found the reason... Not long ago, I moved the site, within the same server, to a new IP. This should be causing this. I just tried to ftp with the ip, and it worked.

What else should I change to be able to enter with ftp.domain.com? why the domain is still relating to the old IP?

Thanks!

PabloC

Mar 24, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I changed the IP over a month ago!

I can access cpanel.mydomain.com but I can't use phpMyAdmin, file manager, ftp, etc., unless I access using IP/cpanel.

Did I miss any further change? what else should I edit when I change IP?

I am sure something at cpanel is still pointing to the old IP, but I don't know what/where to edit. any ideas?