The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP & Subdomains - Confirm Delete of public_html

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Dhaupin, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dhaupin

Dhaupin Member

Jan 3, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    EDIT: I found part of this request here: Disable "Delete account and files" button if FTP account is jailed to either /home/user or /home/user/public_html

I'm not sure if this is a bug/issue or a feature request, or if i'm just whining. Basically there is a somewhat dangerous UX in FTP and subdomains areas where if the said ftp/sub is attached to the accounts public_html, its able to be deleted without [much] confirm when the "delete home dir" is checked.

Should there be more "are you sure" warnings there? Or a double opt-in if the path is public_html, www, account home, etc default dirs? Or a way to stop rm from running if you realize after what just happened (say you weren't in SSH atm)?

It seems too easy to miss and nuke the public_html (or any critical SNI multi-installs, etc). I realize awareness is part of the job of an OP, but sometimes all people make mistakes causing a hefty time consuming backup to be initiated.

What do you think? Worth something or just whining, haha
    #1 Dhaupin, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator