The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP username

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ANewDay, Jan 1, 2009.

1. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member

Why does the main FTP account for one of my domains require the @domain.com after the username (of the account) for the username. I noticed some other domains on the same server work with just the username. The server is running on 11.23 Stable and Proftpd.

2. ericgregory

ericgregory Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    FTP normally requires username@domain.com. Even on my server if I just enter the username without the domain it never works. If I use a proper FTP username (user@domain.com) it always works perfectly.

Are you using the same FTP client each time or have you observed different results with different FTP clients?

3. ANewDay

FTP only requires username@domain.com if they are subaccounts. I've used just the username for the Main account for as long as I can remember. This is also stated in the FTP configuration in cPanel. I haven't changed my FTP client ever since.

4. ANewDay

Well, I changed the username to something else then back to the original and now I am able to login with just the username for the main account.