The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP users can't connect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yufool, Feb 22, 2004.

1. yufool

yufool Active Member

PAM-listfile: Couldn't open /etc/ftpusers
    ns1.dreampod.com (glengill.mylinuxisp.com[216.39.201.3]) - PAM(clientdrop): User not known to the underlying authentication module.
    ns1.dreampod.com (glengill.mylinuxisp.com[216.39.201.3]) - PAM(clientdrop): User not known to the underlying authentication module.
    ns1.dreampod.com (glengill.mylinuxisp.com[216.39.201.3]) - FTP no transfer timeout, disconnected

Sometimes it works, sometimes it will keep asking for authentication. User is using Windows FTP. Does that service use telnet? I disabled it and may have inadvertantly shut him out of his ftp account. Need advice on whether I should turn telnet access back on.

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It doesn't involve telnet. I would recommend re-install'ing FTP via "Tweak FTP Settings" in WHM (Install PureFTPd, than reinstall Pro, or vise versa) if this is happening for all users, if it's not happening for all users, you may want to sync ftp passwords, and than still try the reinstall.