FTP with TLS - Connection timed out or server hung up

stefanbc

Apr 13, 2015
toronto
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

In some instances I edit sites by mounting FTP locations and opening the folder in my favorite editor. Recently I started getting this error when I try to FTP/mount ftp location with Transmit

Connection timed out or server hung up. The server you are connecting to may be configured to limit the number of connections you are allowed to make.

What do I need to change to allow more connections? My Ip address is whitelisted as far as I know if both CSF and LFD

Restarting FTP server doesn't fix my problem.

Thank you

Restarting the server doesn't help either :(
It seems that it's only my IP and I don't know who's blocking me. I disabled ModSec and CSF and I could not login

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Do you see any particular messages in the /var/log/messages log file when this occurs?

Thank you.

stefanbc

Apr 13, 2015
toronto
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have one in CSF

May 21 13:07:19 server lfd[943041]: (CT) IP my.ip (US/United States/c.comcast.net) found to have 705 connections - *Blocked in csf* for 1800 secs [CT_LIMIT]

But since then I restarted the server, disables CSF/lfd, modsecurity restarted, made sure my ip is whitelisted in both CSF/LFD and I still can't login. My colleagues can

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.