The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Backup and Restore

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by armpogart, Jan 14, 2013.

1. armpogart

armpogart Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello,

I have a reseller account with JustHost. My account was deleted yesterday and I have renewed it late. Unfortunately I lost all my reseller account on it where my clients' websites were residing. JustHost support told me that they will restore the accounts but instead of that they have just sent me the most recent daily full cpanel backups. Their support is too slow, so I beg for help here.

The problem is the following:
    I have full cpanel backups.
    I have created new accounts on renewed reseller (though usernames are different as incremential numbers are used automatically)
    I can't restore full cpanel backup directly from cpanels.
    And I can't restore backups from WHM as there is no that functionality in their WHM.
    I have also tried to ssh and use /scripts/restorepkg command line, but there is no such command and scripts folder there.

So the only way I think I can restore my backups is to extract all the information from full backup. I know where to find home directory and databases. I will create databases manually. But I don't know how to restore email accounts on each cpanel. Any way I can do that?

Thanks in advance.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    To restore a backup, you do not create the account first, the account is created on restore.

In WHM » Backup » Restore a Full Backup/cpmove File

If you don't have this area available via WHM, you'll need to speak to your Hosting Provider about this. taking any other route will be time consuming, possible but time consuming to be sure.

3. Vicont2

Vicont2 Registered

Still not clear:

Trouble: One of my resellers need to restore/create full backup from another provider with cPanel.
    I have root acces in my VPS so I put backup in/Home and Resore created new account in my root account.
    Question: How I may: a) restore/create account not in my root Home but as an account under my reseller?
    Or, b) may be move some how my account as root - assign it to that specific reseller?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can restore the account as "root" by placing the archive in your /home directory and using /scripts/restorepkg to restore the account. The ownership of the account can be changed by updating the "Account Owner" value to the reseller when logged into WHM as root:

"WHM Home » Account Functions » Modify an Account"

Thank you.