Full Backup Excludes Subdomains?

KC_

Registered
Mar 21, 2018
Taipei
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi there,

I am a first-timer to this forum, let me know if I need to know something about forum rules, thank you.

The reason I am here is as the title described, I just discovered that a full backup I created via Cpanel did not include the folders of subdomains, that was an unpleasant surprise, and I tried to search the web and this forum, I find no discussion mentioning this issue-It is not likely so, but anyway...., later on, I tried partial backup via Cpanel, and this time, the backup file includes folders of subdomains and of course, the web site files of the subdomains, and I have to see it with my own eyes this time because of the mentioned unpleasant surprise.

In short, this is what I am looking at, the full backup of Cpanel does not do what it should be, on the other hand, the partial backup does it. Honestly, it feels like a trap, I mean, the full backup. So, I am here to ask for help about why did I saw what I saw and what was that supposed to mean?

Regards,

KC

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

A full backup should include all subdomains added to the account and the contents of their document roots. This suggests there's an error during the backup process. As a website owner without root access, you'll need to report this to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look at the cPanel error log to see why the subdomains are not included with the full backup.

Thank you.

KC_

Registered
Mar 21, 2018
Taipei
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

A full backup should include all subdomains added to the account and the contents of their document roots. This suggests there's an error during the backup process. As a website owner without root access, you'll need to report this to your web hosting provider so they can take a closer look at the cPanel error log to see why the subdomains are not included with the full backup.

Thank you.
Thank you Michael, I will contact my web hosting provider for a report.